1. Both the Bride and Groom must be 18 or older.
2. To obtain a Confidential Marriage License the applicants must be living together as a couple.
3. Both the Bride and Groom must be present and produce "Proof of Identity" and age documents, such as a driver's license, identification card, passport, or alien resident card.
4. Applicants must be unmarried (a previous marriage is valid until the final date of dissolution). Written proof of a divorce or the dissolution of a previous marriage is required, if the event occurred within the last two years or less. If the final dissolution was more than two years ago, written proof is not required, but the date of the final dissolution must be provided.
5. If either the Bride or Groom became widowed in the last 2 years, he or she must bring a copy of the death certificate. If it has been more than 2 years we only need the date of spouse's death.
6. A Ceremony has to be performed before the Marriage License expires (a marriage license is good for 90 days). You may be married by a priest, minister or rabbi of any religious denomination who is 18 years of age or older; an active or retired Judge, Commissioner, or Assistant Commissioner of a court or record or Justice Court in this State; or by a Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriages.
7. With a Confidential Marriage License the Wedding Ceremony MUST take place in Los Angeles County.